July 07, 2005

FAQ's

As a kid the milestones in your life were birthdays. When you turn 13, you become a teenager. 16 you get your driver's license.

But as you get older the milestones become the questions that you will be asked. And when you answer one question it leads to the next. You enter into a serious relationship and the question becomes.....When are you getting married? You get married and the question becomes.....When are you having kids?

Now that I am married and have 2 daughters, can you guess what the question(s) are now?

Are you having any more kids?
And my favorite
Are you going to try for a son?

The answer to both of those questions are No!

I've reached an age where if I have any more children I will be competing with them for a job at McDonald's. A job that I will need to supplement my Social Security income. And for those of you that don't know, children are expensive. Any more kids and I will be working at McDonald's even sooner, as a 2nd job.

As to the 2nd question, my brother was kind enough to have 2 sons that are able to carry on the family name, so any pressure I felt from my grandparents to have a son, has long since been removed. After 2 girls, I'm not sure I would know what to do with a son. And having 2 nephews, I'm not sure I could live with a son.

No comments:

Post a Comment